Monday, 11 November 2013

RA Update

Well it's been a while....  my RA hasn't been that bad, part of that I feel is not working, not standing on my feet all day and running around like a loon at school.  Joints still hurt on a daily basis but I haven't had any major flares since the end of April.  My fingers have been bad for the last couple of months and I struggle with simple things like opening bottles and jars, gripping things and doing things like getting the little two dressed. Nappies are a bit of  a bug bare. Some days I really feel quite helpless as I battle to undo the sticky tabs on disposables. We are desperately trying to get Worm to use the potty or toilet, and he does when he feels like it but he is too inconsistent to put in pants just yet.  I also struggle to do things like hold their pants and trousers whilst they put their feet and legs into them, and it's these simple things that annoy me more than any other.
I saw my GP on Friday, my last consultant appointment was in January and I was told they'd see me in three months. I phoned in May and was told to wait my turn, I think I have now waited more than long enough and I need to know what is going to happen to me, long term. So the GP is now going to chase the hospital and so I am hoping that I am a little nearer to getting some answers.

This weekend I went away without the boys, a hen do of a close friend. We went to a spa in Newquay and it was lovely, all girls together, fab food and I had a back, neck and shoulder massage, which was heaven. However, by 11 o'clock in the evening,  I could feel my shoulders tightening. I struggled to get out of my dress and into my pyjamas and even after a lovely relaxing weekend, I feel like I have majorly over done it.  Today I have spent the day under a blanket on the sofa with pain nearly everywhere, nodding on and off throughout the day. Tomorrow I will do the school run and return to my sofa where I will finish off my website copy for my tutoring business and probably sleep a little bit more!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment