Saturday, 19 April 2014

Sunshine and Sea!

I think it is fair to say that my heart and soul belong at the beach house!
I know that I don't go their often enough, and I would love to go more. But when the boys were little it was a struggle to do the cliff walk on my own with 3 small children, a steep cliff, a dog and one of those boys a child with no fear. As they get older, it gets easier and I hope that this year I will go there more on my own with the boys when Moors-daddy is working. It gives them a sense of freedom so many children do not get a chance to experience these days and one that I know I thrived on when I was growing up. I love this place. It isn't easy, it isn't mine, and so we are crammed into a 2 bed house with my parents and sometimes my Brother, sister in law and nephews, there isn't room for all of us. but I hope that every opportunity I get to be there this year I will be!
On Thursday we went over, all 5 of us for the first time this year. The sun was out and the tide and it was just beautiful.
Over the winter, things have changed, parts of the cliff paths has been washed away, along with a lot of the sand, and even though some of it has returned, there are places where things are showing that we haven't seen in a long time.

A lot of stones have appeared on our normally sandy beach, all the more for the boys to look at and find to collect!

Bucket and spade at the ready, we just need to find a sandy spot!


The start of the shell collection, it was nearly full by the time we left!

At their favourite rock pool, a little smaller and shallower than normal but there was still enough water to throw big stones into!

Picture above - clothed, picture below - starkers! My 3rd water baby!

Our prize find, a really beautiful, complete little shell!

And here it is this is the wreck of a ship that sank on the rocks years ago. I think I have only seen it like this once before. Occasionally  you see a small piece poking up through the sand, but today you could see most of the hull, along with many other bits that have broken off over the years.























Another day of sunshine and sea air. Three tired boys at the end of the day, the little two asleep in the car on the way home.

Family Farm Holidays Cornwall




Linking up with Coombe Mill for #CountryKids.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day and I love that your kids stripped off to go for a paddle, kids really don't feel the cold as we do. I hope you do manage to get to the beach more this summer, it is easier as the children get older and it is a lovely beach you have there. thank you for sharing on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so carefree! Love this photo cuz they dont care they just want to have fun =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha bless him!! They feel nothing do they! No fear, no cold...crazy little birds haha. Great pics and they looked like they had a fab time! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fearlessness and nakedness. How wonderful it must be to be a child at times. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great exploring. It's a really beautiful place. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete